Business Networking Sites and Organizations
We've compiled a list of places where small businesses can go to meet people in person and online for business networking. Meeting and networking with other business professionals is a great way to get referrals.
Join the conversation and share your advice. Member Benefits
Places for Business Networking
- Search Meetup.com for a group that matches your interests
MarketingZone blog post about The Moxie Exchange Movement, a professional networking organization for women with "moxie"
Join groups on LinkedIn
- MarketingZone article on marketing yourself and your business on LinkedIn
- BNI International - business networking and referrals
- LeTip International - professional networking and leads
- PartnerUp.com - this organization is owned and run by for profit company Deluxe, a company that sells checks and business services to small business. If you share your contact information, your sure to get sold to.
- ExpertCEO.com - private online community founded by former venture capitalist Ken Ross. Start-ups of any size are welcome but membership is limited by title to owners and top management positions. There's an annual subscription fee for premium resources and some information available for free.
- Biznik.com - this is an online social network for self-employed and independent business owners. Site also helps people connect in person by linking up members by geographic location. Basic membership is free.
- MicroMentor.org is a free online service that connect small business owners and non-profit leaders with volunteer business mentors. It's run by Mercy Corps, a non-profit humanitarian organization. You can choose several mentors. And you can also sign up to help others as a mentor.
- StartupDigest.com sends members a weekly listing of events in their city and information about their interests in particular areas (gaming, funding, etc.). You can also post events here.
These articles may be helpful
Copyright © 2009 - 2012 by MarketingZone™ Inc. All rights reserved.
No part of this work, including design, content, and underlying technology on all pages, may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, screen capture, and recording or by an information storage or retrieval system, without the prior written consent of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations referenced with full attribution. Pages may be printed for the sole use of the person printing them. MarketingZone content is available via content license. Address inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MarketingZone™ is a trademark of MarketingZone, Inc.