Halloween Marketing Ideas
October 31st falls on a Thursday in 2013.
Halloween in the U.S. has grown into a nearly $7 billion mass-market. Americans spend $2.5 billion on Halloween costumes, and the average person spends more than $72 on Halloween candy, costumes and décor according to the National Retail Federation's nine-year history of tracking.
Halloween Marketing Ideas!
1. Make sure people on mobile phones can find your business when they're out shopping for Halloween. With so many people buying web-enabled phones, the Internet has become the new Yellow Pages. Learn how to reach people on their phones through advertising and other marketing techniques. And make sure your website works for someone on their phone!
- Mobile Marketing for Small Business
- Get your business listed with all the reputable online directories. We've consolidated a list of the reputable directories: Free Listings
2. Plan your Facebook marketing campaign
People on Facebook want to see something fun or funny. This photo is an example of what people like to share.
What can you share that will entertain your Facebook friends and fans?
Plan what you will post and offer leading up to Halloween. On Facebook, don't be "all business" during October leading up to Halloween. Instead, focus on making your posts helpful and fun. Include ideas for what people can do on Halloween, how they can decorate, best Halloween recipes and costume ideas. Add photos and encourage people to share their ideas and suggestions. Run contests. Make it funny.
Make your Facebook posts visual. Use Pinterest to "pin" photos to share ideas for Halloween costumes, recipes or party ideas.
Share photos and ideas for the best pet costumes.
3. Spend your marketing dollars wisely for Halloween marketing
- Promotional Offers that will help you attract profitable new customers
Be sure to have your company name on the bag and make sure it's easy to read in the dark!
5. Update your playlist
Suggestions from LA DJ Patric Belton
"Voodoo" by Godsmack
"Little Ghost" by The White Stripes
"Season of the Witch" by Karen Elson
"Blood" by Band of Skulls
"I Put a Spell on You" by Scream' Jay Hawkins
Next page - more Halloween marketing ideas...
Copyright © 2009 - 2012 by MarketingZone™ Inc. All rights reserved.
No part of this work, including design, content, and underlying technology on all pages, may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, screen capture, and recording or by an information storage or retrieval system, without the prior written consent of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations referenced with full attribution. Pages may be printed for the sole use of the person printing them. MarketingZone content is available via content license. Address inquiries to email@example.com.
MarketingZone™ is a trademark of MarketingZone, Inc.