Fourth of July Marketing Ideas
Fourth of July is always a BIG holiday in the U.S. Get ideas on how to market effectively to get as much business as possible before and during this holiday.
Use solution selling and upselling
TIP: Think about what your customers want to accomplish – their end in mind – over Fourth of July holiday
In marketing this is called “solution selling” or “product bundles”. That could be putting together a display with all the things you’d need for the 4th of July parade, hosting a party, decorating for the 4th, getting home projects done over the long weekend, clothes to wear…
Think beyond what you sell and offer. Who can you partner with?
Learn more about Solution Selling and Bundling Products
Sell more by offering 3 choices at different price points: Increase sales by presenting good, better, best options. In the industry this is known as upselling.
Know this: These ideas of solution selling and upselling work for businesses selling products as well as those selling services. Ideally your solution should include both products and services.
On Facebook for the 4th of July…
- Post tips about where to see the fireworks and about upcoming events like concerts, farmers markets. Not all your posts should be about selling. Be helpful.
- Share links to relevant funny videos for what you do or offer.
- Post photos around town.
- Post quizzes about the 4th of July. Ask questions. Post interesting tidbits about the history of 4th of July in your town.
Send an email to your customers with ideas for the Fourth of July…and sprinkle in some suggestions from your company
- Send an email to your “house list” (the people you have permission to contact via email) the week before the Fourth of July with helpful information and tips about the history of the 4th of July, fun things to do, fireworks celebrations, parades, recipes to make, etc.
- Make sure it’s clear who the email newsletter is from (your company). Include suggestions for relevant products/services you offer at the bottom of the email or within the text.
- Be sure to include a line asking people to refer new business to you.
More ideas to help you with marketing on Fourth of July
TIP for restaurants: Leading up to Fourth of July include cards on each table like the popular game Table Topics that help people start a conversation about why they are looking forward to doing on Fourth of July weekend and what their best memories are from other Fourth of July weekends. For younger kids, have a placemat where they can color in the U.S. flag.
Small business marketing – This is our “must do” list of what will have the best return on both your time and money in marketing your small business. Don’t get caught up in all the hype. Focus on being brilliant at the basics. Use this checklist to grade yourself on what you’re doing and what you need to be doing to grow your business.